Sunday 28 June 2020

Thistle flower


Last weekend we went for a walk again, this time in a recreation area with some woodland called 'Het Lingebos'. Of course we did walk a signposted walk in the woodland area and we enjoyed it very much. We want to return to that area in other seasons as well.
The area is very green in this time of the year, especially after the rains we had recently.
As the area is very watery - the river Linge is flowing there - I have made reference pictures of waterways, ponds etcetera. These are for later use.

There were some thistles and I really like these plants for their colours. The violet of the flowers is also present in the shades of green that can be found in the stems and leaves.
This thistle had a visitor who was not at all disturbed by my presence.

Of course I could have painted only the flower, but I wanted to set myself a challenge and painted the bumble bee as well. The bumble bees seem to be everywhere now, but maybe they just are very happy in our garden. There is a nest close to our house as well. That is a good sign, as insects have been declining in numbers over the past decades.

The information about the paper and paints I have used and about the size and availability of the painting can be found in the link at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment