Monday 9 May 2022

Ahlhorner Kellersteine I (Germany) - graphite drawing

 


Our vacation home last week was close to a route that connected over 33 sites with dolmen, standing stones and grave hills. The route is 330 kilometres long, so we did only visit some sites that were close to where we were staying. On the road back we also passed by several sites with dolmen, so we had our share of history last week.

One of these sites, the Ahlhorner Kellersteine I and II are located in a forest area, with a nice footpath leading there.

Of course lots of (reference) pictures were made and that afternoon, in our vacation home I made a graphite drawing, using my new box of pencils and graphite sticks.

My reference picture was made from underneath some trees, so the dolmen was seen in between the trees, not in an open area as most pictures show them. Of course I wanted something different.

Drawing all those trees meant a bit of planning but I am happy with the result. Maybe I will use this as a study for a watercolour painting.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of the drawing and its availability can all be found in mu Tumblr blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment