In the 'Dierenpark Amersfoort' are also several birds and this Snowy owl was posing for pictures.
So I made a picture and tried to draw the bird today, the first drawing on my new Terracotta tinted paper. The water soluble graphite is not the best medium for this dark paper but I gave it my very best.
This was the first time I made a drawing of an snowy owl and it is not the easiest bird. The bird in the cage was behind bars so I had to guess the shape a bit.
The water soluble graphite is not as opaque as is needed for this dark tinted paper, so if I want do make a 'perfect' drawing of a mostly white owl I will have to use other drawing materials.
All these things made that I also added 'experiment' in the tags, knowing this is not my best drawing, but I do share my whole art journey here and that means also the not so very great works.
The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of this work and - if you are interested in my original artwork - my contact information can all be found in my Flickr account.

No comments:
Post a Comment