Thursday 30 July 2015

Day by day -Ardennes day six

Today is ourfinal day. In the afternoon we will be collecting our works of this week and make an exposition out of them.
But first there is one more morning for painting and exploring new techniques. Today we are introduced to making monoprints with acrylic paint, a plate of glass and paper. After the paint we printed on the paper has dried we can complete the picture with pastel or charcoal. As the whole thing is totally new to me I do not take many risks.
Each morning a large family of swallows is flying around the house to eat their breakfast and afterwards resting on the electricity wires. That was to be my theme. The picture can be simplified to some basic shapes that will not give me problems while printing. After that I first tried the pastel on the darkest print. Nice material, but not easy to manipulate. The lightest print was filled in with charcoal. After monday I have more confidence with it. The result did not disappoint me.
Today I did not have the whole day for experiments, I had to make my exposition. The photos are not great, but they will give an impression of the results of today's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment