Monday 11 January 2016

Mushrooms on a tree trunk


Autumn is the time of the mushroom, so on our short trip to the National Reserve of the Veluwe my daughter collected mushrooms - with her camera.
She made lots of pictures of beautiful mushrooms but this one wanted to be painted first.
The little mushrooms grow out of a tree trunk on a spot without bark. As I wanted to draw the attention to the mushrooms, I did not paint all the details of the wood and the resin but just hinted at the colours of the mushroom's background. I made use of masking fluid to keep the shapes of the mushrooms as I had been drawing them on my paper and after removing the mask I painted the details of the mushrooms.
Unfortunately it is not easy to determine the species of mushroom I painted...

More information about this painting (colours used, size, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.co.nr 

No comments:

Post a Comment