Wednesday 10 July 2019

Cornflower



Looking for inspiration I saw blue spots in the grass beside the roads in our village and the villages close to ours. The idea of painting Cornflowers was born, but now I had to think of a way to make this 'my painting'.
Working on a background painting that is made by colours flowing over my paper is something I do not do often, but I always enjoy it. This kind of background is always a surprise and can be used in many ways.

So I decided to make a background with the blue colours of the flowers and paint the cornflowers in that background. I did not leave the shapes of the flowers open and decided where to make them look light blue against a dark background and dark against a light spot in the background after I had been painting for a while.
Because of that I also made some adjustments to the initial background painting, but that was only to make the flowers stand out as much as I wanted - not much, but just enough to give this watercolour painting a nice atmosphere. 

More information about this watercolour painting (materials used, size, availability, contact information, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment