Monday 28 October 2019

Port-en-Bessin, seaview


Our short stay in Normandy (France) had one bright sunny day and we used that to walk towards the village of Port-en-Bessin, walk around the small harbour and enjoy the view towards the sea and the coastline.
We could walk on the jetty that shelters the harbour and we had great views, helped by the sunshine. There were no clouds and no fog that day - only a bit in the morning.

We made lots of pictures again and I chose this view towards the west - with the chalk cliffs, the sea and the beach covered with seaweed for a mixed media work.

The underpainting is in different shades of blue watercolour and the cliffs and beach are in watersoluble pencils.

This was another 'experiment' for me, trying out my materials and finding out how I really love to use them. This certainly was fun to do and I will probably do more in this technique - someday.

The details about paper, paint, pencils, size etc can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment