Monday 14 March 2022

When I smell spring...

 



New month, new challenge by 'Goed Gezien - Goed Bekeken' with a nice spring theme . 

As there are several writers in our amateur art association, that do not paint or draw,  in this challenge we had to include some text so the writers could also participate in one of the challenges.

My text is in Dutch of course, but the English translation (according to Google Translate) is:

When I smell spring...


Do I want to go out

looking for the flowers

the tender leaves on the trees

and shrubs.

Back home I go to my studio

drawing and painting

delicate shapes   delicate colours

It's a party outside and inside.


Of course I had to draw and paint, so I added some daffodils, using white gouache, watercolour paints and some watercolour pencils. The text is written with a Calli Brush pen and the flowers are added later, hiding some of the writing. This is what I wanted to achieve, so the result is my submission for this challenge.

Maybe I will experiment more with written text and painting in the future, I really liked working on this one.

The information about all the materials I have used in this work, its size and availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment