Sunday 12 February 2023

In the 'Soester Duinen' - 2 (Netherlands)

 


The first week of January my husband and me were free from work, so we had a very short vacation dedicated to walking in our beautiful nature. The first walk we made was in the 'Soester Duinen' and I have posted some works inspired by that walk in the past few weeks. This is another beautiful view we had during the signposted walk around the area of shifting sand. This area is a Geological Monument because of that shifting sand.

During our walk, the weather changed a bit and instead of the clear blue sky we started with our walk ended under clouds. This view is towards the East, away from the sun so the trees are not back lit. They still are dark, as winter trees often are. The sand was almost grey and  a bit more brownish under the birch trees, where the remains of fallen leaves and small branches were still visible. 

This view inspired me to make a picture to be used as reference for a painting. This time the colour of the sand was the biggest challenge, but I managed to get it right very soon - mixing a brown and a blue did the trick here. The sand is not an evenly spread surface, there really are small dunes or differences in height and that was one of the things that inspired me. Painting this was nice, keeping the sand light where no shadow was found and suggesting the smaller dunes.

The result is what I hoped it would be.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this watercolour painting and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.

Please do contact me if you are interested in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment