Saturday 11 March 2023

"But the birds that lived in the forest had eaten the breadcrumbs, so they couldn't find their way back."



This one is for a challenge - make a painting about a fairy tale. 

The title is a line from the fairy tale I chose, Hansel and Gretel. 

Being a landscape painter, I had to think of a scene in a forest, without people or buildings  in it to make this challenge work for me. This scene from the fairy tale is exactly what I needed.

In my forest scene are only the birds that are eating / had eaten the breadcrumbs and a hopeful owl waiting for the birds to be too full to fly away quickly. 

This was really fun, the forest is from my imagination, I used some books to help me get the shapes of the birds as believable as possible and I used my imagination again for the colours of the birds.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this watercolour painting and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment