Saturday 10 June 2023

Pisces - for a challenge

 


The June challenge of 'Goed Gezien - Goed Bekeken' is all about Colourful. So first I thought of a stained Glass window, then of a colouring book image, then of Mosaïc, then of...

Finally I picked my Zodiac sign as my subject and tried to make the painting as colourful as possible. I did not use all the colours in my palette, but the ones I used  have more layers to make them as strong as possible.

The background is made with my new paint, a highly granulating colour from Daniel Smith. This paint has more than one pigment in it and the results are better than I hoped for.

Last thing added was the constellation of the Zodiac sign using white watercolour paint.

For the picture, the contrast are a bit changed - the natural light is very unkind now, too much sunlight, direct and reflected to make a good picture of my work.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this watercolour painting and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment