Monday 6 November 2023

Little white mushroom

 


During one of our forest walks last month we saw this little white mushroom, standing all alone. It was early in Autumn and this was one of the very few mushrooms we did see.

With my phone camera I tried to make a nice picture, even using the 'Macro' setting, but everything was sharp in the picture except the mushroom. That happened a few times and I kept the best as my reference pictures.

The background was full of dead leaves, patches of earth, mosses, small stones etcetera so I decided to only suggest a messy forest floor instead of showing all the details. The little mushroom is my subject so it has to stand out a bit.

Of course the mushroom was not completely white, some of the colours in the background are reflected on the white surface. These colours are used to paint the structure of the hood.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this watercolour painting and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.

If you are interested in my original artworks, please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment