Today the prompt in the Sketch A Day app was Pebble and I had to think of all the instructional videos I have seen about how to paint pebbles using cling film for the shapes.
The technique is simple. Apply colours and lay some cling film over the wet paint. Make shapes in the film and the wet paint will follow the shapes more or less. Let dry completely, remove the cling film and...
Find the stones is the next instruction and that is what I tried to do. Define the shapes of the stones using shadow colours and touches of white.
Because this was the very first time and it had to be ready and uploaded in the app today I used a postcard size watercolour paper.
This was fun! While working I learned about the pigments in the colours I have used and if there will be a next time, I will choose different colours to work with.
The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of this work and - if you are interested in my original artwork - my contact information can all be found in my Flickr account.

No comments:
Post a Comment