Saturday 25 May 2024

Branches - made during a workshop session

 


The drawing society 'Pictura' is 250 years now and that means there are many events this year. Of course I am not a member of such a society (I never visited an Art Academy) but there are workshop lessons for amateurs this summer. During those lessons we can learn to work with materials that are new or work on subjects that are unfamiliar.

The first day was all about drawing the old trees in the garden of the 'Dordrechts Museum' using inks, water-soluble pigments and crayons. I learned a lot about using materials that are new to me, the teacher was very helpful and the instructions were good. 

We were allowed to follow our own inspiration, so I tried the water-soluble earth pigments (a green earth and a red earth) combined with two inks. All using water and a brush to apply these mediums on watercolour paper.

Looking at the results, we (the teacher and me) decided not to add anything else, besides, the time was running out.

Of course this is not the only work I made during this session, the other work(s) will be shown in a separate blog post.

The information about the materials I have used and the size of this work can be found in my Tumblr blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment