Sunday 14 July 2024

Dark clouds over the 'Vlaardingse Vaart' (The Netherlands)

 


Last weekend we had a real Summer storm in our country and as it happened to be the weekend of a birthday party in our family we were celebrating in a nice restaurant near the Vlaardingse Vaart

The plan was that we would be on an open terrace, but due to the weather it was covered and closed with glass doors. We still had a nice view of the water and the polder landscape but the wind and rain did not spoil the party mood inside. 

We had a lot of wind and some rain but after the rain I went outside to make some reference pictures. The clouds and the water of the Vaart inspired me, not to mention the flat grasslands and reeds on the other bank of the Vlaardingse Vaart.

For this watercolour I have used a limited palette, the colours were chosen to capture the mood of that stormy Summer's day.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this watercolour painting and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog. If you are interested in my original artworks, please contact me.



No comments:

Post a Comment