Last week my husband and me went for a not so very long walk (because it would be a very hot day) in a forest we never visited before, 'De Krochten' in the province of Noord-Brabant (Netherlands).
We enjoyed the walk, surrounded by buzzing insects but not in danger of stings and lots of shadow under the trees. Along the path were many rowan (Sorbus aucuparia) bushes and I looked for a nice branch to make a reference picture. I have always liked to draw or paint branches with berries on them.
Today I made a drawing using my Conté Crayons and tinted paper. Of course these are not the natural colours of the plant, but I liked to try a different set of colours. Of course I do not have green Conté Crayons (yet), which urges me to be more creative in finding other colour schemes. After the branch and leaves were drawn I decided on the colour for the berries.
There are more layers in the front leaves and berries, the background leaves have one layer of Conté and the shapes are only indicated.
The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of this work and - if you are interested in my original artwork - my contact information can all be found in my Flickr account.

No comments:
Post a Comment