Sunday, 20 September 2026

The Gold-Ass - pencil drawing

 


The September challenge of "Goed Gezien - Goed Bekeken" is about 'resounding coins' as it can be translated from Dutch. And that was not inspiring for me at all. After a conversation with my husband about the theme he came up with something good, but again not really something I would love to paint or draw.

And there it was, the little Gold-Ass popping up as a real possibility. The story is about golden coins, dropping down. That makes a sound so it fits the theme - more or less - and this is what I wanted to draw.

Looking for a picture of a donkey I found a nice one that I could adapt to the 'stretching' of the donkey before delivering the coins. The coins are there as well, I used metallic pencils for them.

The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of this drawing and - if you are interested in my original artworks - my contact information can all be found in my Flickr account.

No comments:

Post a Comment