Sunday, 27 September 2026

Dolmen, evening mood

 


The prompt in the Sketch A Day app was 'evening' so I planned to make a nice watercolour as it was weekend, so I would have time for a painting.

Of course it had to be a landscape and looking through my reference pictures for a scene that could be changed to an evening mood painting I saw the pictures I made of the Dolmens in North Germany. I decided to use one of these.

Using only the dolmen and the horizon line to begin with I made a nice evening sky and when that had dried I painted the ground and let that dry naturally like I did with the sky.

Then the stones, leaving a small area unpainted for the evening light on the top stones. That small line was filled later with the oranges I have also used for the sky.

The 'to begin with' was in fact enough, the result really pleased me and I decided not to add any other landscape elements like trees or a path.

So this is the result: Dolmen, evening mood.

The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of this work and - if you are interested in my original artwork -my contact information can all be found in my Flickr account.

No comments:

Post a Comment