For this year's Christmas card I wanted to paint the end of a branch from a pine tree. During our last walks I made pictures of pine tree branches until I had a reference I really did like.
Today I made the painting also because it did fit to the prompt in the Sketch A Day app.
On a fully dried background I first made a light sketch of the branch and started painting. The branch itself needed most of the colours I used, the needles are only one green colour in more layers with two brush sizes for the texture.
The result is really what I hoped for and my husband - who also has to sign the cards - was equally happy, so the cards are ordered, very in time for the occasion.
The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of this work and - if you are interested in my original artworks - my contact information can be found in my Flickr account.

No comments:
Post a Comment