Monday 12 October 2015

Lost lights


The colours of the sky are always worth looking at, even in an industrial area such as Rijnmond. So I decided to 'recyle' the sketch I made for my first 'urbex' watercolour, the one for which the heavy industry of that area was my inspiration.
This time I chose to stay a bit closer to reality: the lights are still on!
It's really amazing how many lights there are on those towers and buildings, almost as if there is someone present on each and every metre of those long corridors.
I chose to work with the same three colours I used in the latest painting I made and create an atmosphere of expectation. People can still come to work here, as a contrary to the scene I painted before.

More information about this and my other watercolours can be found at www.jannekesatelier.co.nr 


No comments:

Post a Comment