Monday 14 December 2015

Twilight - Maasvlakte 2


Just before sunrise on the Maasvlakte 2, in the Port of Rotterdam. 
The sky is cloudy and very dark, below the clouds are shades of blue. 
The big elevators for the containers in the port are standing out against the sky. 
I am looking towards the west, so there is no red or yellow colour in the sky, just blues and greys.
The moment I saw this I knew I had to paint it. 

For my composition I relied mostly on my memories and a little on references for the correct shapes of the elevators.

So here is the second painting with my set of Twilight Colours - the set is perfect for scenes like this! I used the red only to create the grey colours of the elevators and the port side.

More information about this painting (and my other paintings) can be found at www.jannekesatelier.co.nr 

No comments:

Post a Comment