Saturday 23 March 2019

Chapel - a springtime fantasy


In  my garden the daffodils are in bloom and they look just gorgeous. We have the smaller ones and they are close to the house, so they will not blow away easily in a bit of rough weather. In fact they inspired me to paint a springtime scene.

I have used the little chapel that attracted my attention last autumn to give the daffodils an imaginary landscape. 
Or did I use the daffodils to place the chapel in an imaginary springtime landscape? 
Anyway, this is the result.

The paper and paints are the same as in the other 'chapel' watercolour paintings to make the series as uniform possible. 
Because I did want to paint the atmosphere of springtime and not an exact 'portrait' of the flowers I have not painted many details, just enough to define them as daffodils.  Springtime also means lots of birds migrating and finding a place for their nest so I added some birds in the distance.

All together I really think I have captured the atmosphere of a nice day in springtime with some clouds and enough sunshine to make the flowers look their best.

More information about this watercolour painting and the other ones I have made with the little chapel can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment