Saturday 25 May 2019

Invitation for a walk


During our short visit to the east of our country we did not explore our beautiful nature as often as we usually do. In my previous post I have already explained that this time there was a large group and we included everyone as much as possible in the plans.

This is one of the wrought iron fences we saw on the estate of Singraven. 
Compared to the one in my previous post, this one is on the other side of the road and there is an opening for those that want to make a short walk on the lanes and paths of the domain.
In fact we did enter here and made a short walk before we gathered for lunch and the drive to all our different homes.

The colour of the fence and the posts beside the gate is almost the same as the green and brown mixture of the bushes behind it and I had to look very carefully to find the shapes I had to draw.
I did take care to make the fence 'disappear' again when I painted it. 

The large trees did cast so much shadow that there are no significant 'light spots' on the grass and the lane. I have tried to show the light green of the springtime leaves on the large trees, they did manage to catch some sunlight.

More information about this watercolour painting can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment