Friday 17 May 2019

Through the Archway


There are lots and lots of challenges for paintings and drawings each month and to most of them I do not respond. Some just don't inspire me at all and I simply do not have enough painting time to respond to all the challenges that might be good to try because I will be learning something new while painting.
This painting is a response to the May challenge of one of the Watercolour groups I have joined on Facebook; 'Through the Archway'.
The pictures that are given for inspiration are mostly architecture and one beautiful forest scene. I have waited to paint this, because I did not have much time until now.

The reference picture was made by me or my husband during a short vacation a few years ago and I still had kept it for later use. This is a perfect 'through the archway' with all the tall trees and the branches hanging over the path.
As this is an autumn scene, the trees have lost most of their leaves and the colours that are left are shades of yellow and orange. The forest floor was remarkably green with grasses, I remember there was a lot of wind at times to blow away the fallen leaves.

Painting this scene was not difficult for me, I only had to remember to paint the trees behind some of the bushes. That means not painting the trees first, but adding the dark browns of the tree trunks after I had given the bushes their green, yellow and orange colours.

More information about this painting (paper and paint used, size, availability, contact information, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment