Sunday 8 December 2019

Blessing


The December challenge of "Goed Gezien- Goed Bekeken" (our regional amateur art association) is 'Peace on earth'. We just had a challenge about peaceful snowy landscapes so I was still 'in the mood' for that theme.
Peace on earth is also one of the Christmas wishes, so the painting had to have a bit of the Christmas mood as well.
And the words (and melody) of "A Gaelic Blessing" kept going through my mind so I decided to incorporate that in my painting as well.

Of course all that did not come to my mind in an instant, I was talking to my daughter about this challenge and my inspirations and she gave me some great ideas to work with. She also gave me the text is a way that I could easily copy it in the painting. 
I have used a (sharp) watercolour pencil for that.

Deep peace of the running wave to you
Deep peace of the flowing air to you
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you
Deep peace of the shining stars to you
Deep peace of the gentle night to you
Moon and stars pour their healing light on you

Deep peace of Christ the light of the world to you
Deep peace of Christ to you

The snow scene was adapted so I would have space to write the text and I have used the shadows of the hills as lines for the writing. 

The details about paper, paints and pencil used, size and availability can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment