Sunday 15 December 2019

Vallée du Rhône, November


Last November my husband had a congress in the South of France and in the high speed train on the way there he made a lot of pictures for me of the early snowfall in that weekend. I have already made some watercolour paintings using these pictures as my reference, and this time I have chosen a scene that was almost only in shades of white and black with some grey for the sky.

The fallen trees in the corner that is down right were not to be seen without enlarging the reference picture on my screen.
Using watercolours these trees might become too detailed  and that was not what I wanted. The small sticks of charcoal that I have used for this drawing are perfect for this scene and I am really happy with the result.

The details about paper used, size and availability can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment