Sunday 21 June 2020

Waterlily - in my garden


My love for waterlilies started with a fairy tale and when there was a possibility for a very small pond in our garden, I wanted a (mini) waterlily. After almost twenty years there were more waterlily roots in our pond than water, so we took it out, refreshed the water and planted a new waterlily, a light yellow one.
The flowers are delicate and of course I wanted to paint them.

It was hard to get the picture right, so tilting the screen a bit may help seeing all the colours. These shades of yellow are easier to paint than to capture in a good picture.

On a very light and cool yellow and green background I painted the lily flower, some leaves and shadows and I suggested the vertical shapes of the leaves of the irises that grow behind our little pond.

The result is as delicate as I wanted it to be, so I am happy with this painting.

The information about the paper and paint I have used, the size and availability can be found in the link at my website. Contact information is also at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment