Tuesday 24 August 2021

Diergaarde Blijdorp, Rivièrahal

 


New months keep coming and it's time for the August challenge of 'Goed Gezien - Goed Bekeken' which is about Monuments.

Of course I can go looking for castles and that kind of buildings, but I have some favourite monuments that are not the obvious choice.

In Diergaarde Blijdorp (Blijdorp Zoo, Rotterdam) are 21 listed monuments and the Rivièrahal is one of them. During a visit to the Zoo my husband made some nice reference pictures for me and I decided to paint this scene, the back entrance with on the right the entrance to the indoor accommodations of the black rhinoceroses.

To keep the monumental atmosphere I painted a monochromatic Sepia watercolour. The round shapes of the buildings are still a challenge in itself, but I am happy with the overall result.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this watercolour and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment