Saturday 21 August 2021

Trees in the foreground - 2

 


After the first abstract background with trees in the foreground I wanted to make a second abstract background with something in the foreground. So I selected another set of colours, preparing and pouring them in the same way as I did with my first painting in this technique.

Again it took several hours to dry and in this case I had to wait until the next morning before I could continue with the foreground. I had not decided yet, after a short conversation with our teacher Ad van Aart it was decided that I would paint trees again, but with a different contrasting colour and different shapes. The amount of trees has changed as well.

With this painting I have also suggested some depth in the tree line. The trees that are really in front of everything have at least three layers of paint, so the background colours are almost covered. The chosen contrasting colour for the trees is a little opaque and I have used this quality as good as possible. 

The result is different from the first painting, but that was intended and I am happy with both experiments. I have learned a lot from these paintings and I will surely use the lessons learned in the future.

The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of this work can all be found in my Tumblr blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment