Tuesday 2 November 2021

Mushrooms - a drawing

 



We were on a very short vacation - only two days in a hotel near our Natural Reserves on the Veluwe and we made some nice autumn walks in our very beautiful nature. There have been wonderful views, beautiful trees, some deer that were too quick for the camera and of course mushrooms.

To the hotel I only brought my drawing materials (paper and pencils) and I used these to make a drawing after one of the pictures my husband made. 

Out of a dark, wet fallen tree trunk come some shining mushrooms that capture the light beautifully. On the tree trunk there is a fallen leaf in orange and yellow shades, adding some colour to the scene.

Using my pencils, I have layered colours to get the result I wanted, carefully avoiding the white, reflecting hood of the mushroom. The cracks in the tree trunk were really dark, especially after the rain of that morning. 

The result is what I hoped for and I had a good time drawing this mushroom.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this work and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment