Sunday 28 November 2021

Deelerwoud - moorland

 


A few weeks ago we (my husband and me) were for two nights in a hotel so we could go for some nice walks in our Natural Reserve 'De Veluwe'.

Our first walk was in the 'Deelerwoud', a beautiful part of the Veluwe and also protected. The walk passed some moorlands and we used a shortcut between the 'large' and the 'small' moorlands. Halfway that shortcut were some large trees and some benches for tired walkers at a viewpoint.. As it had been raining recently we did not sit down, but we enjoyed the view and I climbed on a fallen tree trunk to make some reference pictures. 

Because I was under the trees, some low branches are in the picture as well. These foreground branches are perfect to show the distance of the trees in the background. The foreground has mostly yellowed grasses and in the middle ground a bit of the moorland is visible, dark now that the plants have lost their flowers. 

The cloudy sky only adds to the autumn mood - it had been raining lightly during our walk - and I really wanted to paint this scene, the colours of this beautiful landscape were really wonderful and I do want to visit that area again.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this watercolour painting and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment