Saturday 3 August 2024

Along the high tide line

 


The reference picture for this watercolour painting has been waiting a long time before I used it and I only did that now because of the August challenge of 'Goed Gezien - Goed Bekeken'. The theme is 'along the high tide line' and this is about as close to a high tide line as you can get.

Of course the high tide was some hours ago at the moment the picture was taken, but where the water has been is still visible. This was at the beach at the Maasvlakte, just before sunset, three years ago. Of course I would have painted this scene in the near future, but the challenge made me paint now.

The reference picture was made from a low angle, just above the sand - avoiding to get wet but as low as I could get. This makes the light on the water a bit more special.

The details on the foreground - shells and the footsteps of seabirds - are only suggested, not every detail made it into the painting.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this painting and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog. If you are interested in my original artwork, please contact me.


No comments:

Post a Comment