Monday 12 February 2018

Confidentials


A new one in my series about lamps.
This is a garden light from my own garden and there are crocuses in my garden now. 
I combined them to make this scene and I enjoyed composing this painting even more than painting it.
I have used the Canson paper again and struggled with it - again. It seems as if the paint does not bind to the paper at all so adding a second or third layer of paint to deepen the colour of an area is not easy, because the first layer is on the move when a moist paintbrush is used. I have been using my hairdryer very much for this painting.
After I had the dark background / night sky as good as how I wanted it to be I did not have the courage to paint the lamp with a brush so I used my Watercolour Markers to draw it in place. The crocus could be painted with a brush because I had kept the area where it was to stand untouched. 

More information about this watercolour painting can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment