Thursday 18 October 2018

Autumn leaves in the wind


Of course I have to paint autumn leaves because I like their colours. I have not gathered any fallen leaves for a nice reference, so I made this scene from my imagination.

I started with dropping three colours on wet paper and waiting for that to dry (with a little help of my hair dryer)
Then I took a watercolour pencil and started drawing a composition. I looked at my 'leaves and apples' painting for some help with the shapes and then I added fallen leaves.
After this all was painted, I added some more branches and leaves in places where they seemed to be right. 
I wanted to do it this way because at first I could not predict the results after all paint had dried. Adding some branches and leaves is better than being sorry to have painted them and the composition does not work.

For this painting I have used some of my study - quality paints, because I still have  some of these and letting them sit on a shelf is not the way to use your paints.

This was fun. I have been playing with paint and water and then for the composition of the branches and leaves I have tried to react to the results of this background painting.

More information about this watercolour painting (materials used, size, contact information, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment