Wednesday 3 October 2018

Autumn - apples and leaves


Autumn is here now, outside in nature and mostly in the shops with great food ideas, warming spices and lots of apples and pears.
Doodlewash is in autumnal moods also this month and I have combined two prompts into one still life painting.

I have made my composition directly on the watercolour paper and started painting wet-on-dry. Of course after that first layer of paint the next were done wet-on-wet and the colours of the apples and leaves were mixing as I had hoped they would. Well, most of the time they were doing as I hoped, I had to work a bit harder on some areas.

The paintings and drawings I make inspired by the prompts on the Doodlewash site are always 'something different' compared to my usual work. Here I have used some colours I don't often use and drawing a composition directly on my watercolour paper is also a bit of an experiment. There was no example and I made it up while drawing, adding leaves, apples and in the end the little branches from above while I was listening to my intuition.

The result of all those experiments is what I hoped it would be. 
This painting was made for practise and improving my skills and I am always happy when a work like this turns out nice. 

More information about this painting (materials used, availability, size, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment