Saturday 17 November 2018

Chapel, a winter fantasy



A few weeks ago my husband Peter and me were on a short vacation in the village of Reifferscheid, Germany. We were there for the beautiful nature of the Eiffel region and we made some short walks.
During the walk we made on our last day we came across a small chapel, standing on the edge of a hill,  making a nice view. 
Of course we visited the chapel and made some pictures. 
During the rest of the walk we had nice views of the little chapel from the other hilltops we were passing. 
That little chapel inspired me, but I had to think how I wanted to paint it.
Several ideas came up and this is the first painting with the little chapel as its subject.

I have changed the scene to a forested area with snow, using the limited edition Twilight Colours for the atmosphere I wanted to paint.
There will be more paintings and I really want to paint the chapel on the edge of the hill, the way it attracted my attention.

More information about this painting (paper and colours used, size, availability, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment