Thursday 22 November 2018

Chapel - foggy weather


The little chapel I have painted in an imaginary winter scene now returns in a November mood. 
These days the sky is gray, the leaves have fallen and there is always a slightly foggy atmosphere. The colours of all things outside are darker than usual because of the moist air.  Influenced by all that I have made a November painting.

The chapel is standing on the top of the hill and this time I have not changed that.
The fog is thick enough to let the spire fade away a little. Everything is a bit out of focus.
To achieve that I have loaded a brush with clean water and used that to make the shapes I had already painted a little blurred. 

The little chapel will be starring in more of these imaginary landscapes when I will try to paint a special atmosphere. One day - later - I want to paint it as it really is and I hope that will not be too much of a disappointment.

More information about this watercolour painting (materials used, size, availability, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment