Monday 19 August 2019

Landscape with elements of surprise


Last week in Milonga I painted the landscape only once, in a workshop about surprises in our paintings.
Our teacher Ad van Aart had prepared this lesson and I was eager to join (these lessons are voluntary, we are not required to attend).

The aim was to paint a scene and to add an element of surprise to the painting. 
My plan was to paint a landscape (this is the view from my bedroom that week) and add checkerboard - like marks on top of it for my first 'surprise' and do something with a flower shape for the second 'surprise'. It was easy to paint the landscape so I have made three versions that are almost identical and gave two of them a 'paint over'.

This was fun and I liked doing this. 
The flower shape was the hardest, mostly because I had tried to hide the underlying landscape completely and that could not be done with watercolour paint. 
So I washed away some of the paint but the result is not really beautiful. 
That is a lesson learned.

More information about these watercolour paintings can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment