Sunday 18 August 2019

Leaves


Last week I was in Milonga again, a week full with painting, drawing and learning organised by Ad van Aart.
I have learned a lot this week and now I am trying to write coherent blog posts about the paintings and drawings I came home with.

This charcoal drawing is the result of an instruction about composition. We were to fill the sheet with our subject, make a cut out and find a good composition.

I had sketched some leaves and decided on this the best cut out. 
Charcoal is my preferred medium for this drawing and I really am happy with the result.


A few days later, the last day of the week I had some spare time and I decided to try a mixed media experiment.
I made a watercolour background in shades of blue and wanted to make a drawing on top of that. The sketch with the leaves deserved some more attention and this time I made a drawing with all three leaves in it, using watercolour pencils in some shades of green.
The structure of the watercolour paper is still visible and I really like that.

More information about these two drawings can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment