Sunday 22 September 2019

Viburnum in autumn colours


For this Viburnum painting I have used a sketch I made and painted from a year ago, but this time I added the lessons I learned last summer.
The colour scheme is yellow and brown and I have added a 'square of light' by leaving this part open when I applied the second, darker layer of my background.

This time the tape did not completely stop the paint from flowing into the square I wanted to create, but the lines are only slightly blurred and I think I like this even more than the sharp, straight lines that I created the first time I tried this technique.
Still I think there is a lot more to learn and practise - and I will enjoy every minute of it!

The leaves and berries were painted in end-of-autumn colours, when even the shades of red have faded from the leaves. The berries stay on the branches for a long time as they are slightly poisonous and the birds don't like them.

The composition was drawn on the paper before the dark background colours were added and I changed and adapted it while the painting was taking shape.


The details about the used materials ,the size of the painting and the availability can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment