Friday 27 September 2019

Violet berries! (I love violet)


Not far from my home is a bush with beautiful violet berries that I wanted to paint. Of course I had to find the name (using the Internet) and it is the only name possible: beautyberry.
The branches are also very decorative in winter when only the berries are left, the birds don't like their taste very much so they stay on very long.

For this autumnal scene I had to paint some leaves, their colours are also very beautiful in this time of the year, the shades of yellow and brown contrasting with the violets of the berries. I have made a composition using several reference pictures of the berries and the leaves, choosing a few beautiful groups of branches, leaves and berries and drawing them together until I was happy with my sketch.

The background is not very complicated, only a yellow and a brown shade because I wanted the berries to be visible. The shade of violet I  used here is not very dark, so the background had to be light where the berries were to be painted. 

The details about paper, paint, size and contact information can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment