Saturday 28 March 2020

Catkins


Some weeks ago we were walking in our beautiful nature and I saw these catkins almost hanging over the path. Of course some reference pictures were made and I started thinking about the painting I wanted to make.

For this painting I have used some Masking Fluid to preserve the white colour of the catkins and again I needed the help of my husband to open the bottle. The bottle cap is not only child proof....
The trees and bushes in the background are only suggested with spots and stripes of brown applied wet in wet - and I let gravity do a lot of work again. There is not much green in the trees and bushes when catkins can be seen, so the background is mostly brown, with some small patches of green.
After all that had dried I remover the masking fluid and painted the branches with the buds and the catkins. 
Writing this goes faster than the painting process, to make a branch seem round is a technique that takes a little time.

I am really happy with the result of the thinking and planning that was needed before I could start painting.

The details about paper and paint used, size, availability and contact information can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment