Thursday 2 April 2020

Euphorbia - a drawing


Last weekend we were walking in our neighbourhood when I saw almost hidden between some bushes some small, delicate flowers of a yellowish green and I made some reference pictures. 
Back at home I could only find that they are one of the Euphorbia species and probably endangered.


These little flowers with their almost discrete colouring seemed a good subject for a drawing so I sharpened my pencils and started - on a small piece of paper.
The little cup shaped flowers that are just above some leaves in exactly the same colours can only stand out by drawing the shadows, so I did set myself a challenge.

At some phase in the drawing process the paper does not accept much more layers and I decided to stop before that moment. Being a watercolourist I like the white of the paper to be a part of the result and now I am happy with the result and confident that I did not overwork my drawing.

The details about paper and pencils used, size and availability can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment