Sunday 13 June 2021

Rose - drawing

 


Now we are slowly coming out of lockdown (in The Netherlands) many events are themed 'Open up' and so is the June challenge of 'Goed Gezien - Goed Bekeken' and 'IkToon'.
This year both organisations work together again - as happened before - and both have the same challenge in the month of June.

Most of the times I try to find my inspiration for a challenge in nature or my own garden and this time the opening buds of our rose were just what I was looking for.
I have made some reference pictures at the right moment and decided to make a drawing for the challenge.

I have chosen to draw some of the rosebuds that were just beginning to open and one flower that was halfway opening up because that referred perfectly to the theme of the challenge.
For this drawing I have used my water-soluble pencils and a mixed media paper with a very fine grain to get the results I like best.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of the drawing, the price and its availability can all be found in my Tumble blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment