Monday 6 December 2021

The walkers

 


A few weeks ago my husband and me were walking in a nice forest area and I got inspired by the shapes of our shadows on the forest floor. I made a reference picture 'for later use'.

This month the challenge of 'Goed Gezien - Goed Bekeken' is 'the Walker', inspired by the fact that many people started going out for walks during the pandemic. (We already were frequently going out for walks in our beautiful nature, so nothing changed for us) The picture of our shadows on the forest floor was the ideal reference for this challenge so I started planning my work.

On a small piece of watercolour paper I made an under painting using the colours of the forest in autumn, brown, orange and shades of yellow and green. After this had dried, I added splatters of the same colours and let that dry again. Using two shades of brown Conté I added the shapes of the shadows that were cast by my husband and me but also the shadows of nearby trees and overhanging branches.

The structure of the paper is still visible in our shadows, I have blended the Conté into the paper and tried to create the blurry lines of the shadows cast by the trees and branches. 

The information about the materials I used, the size of this work and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment