Friday 20 May 2022

As free as....

 


A few months ago we saw three storks in the sky while we were on the road to.. (that I do not remember exactly) As my husband was driving, I took the camera and made two reference pictures from the driving car before they were too far away.

The drawing is made for the May challenge of 'Goed Gezien - Goed Bekeken' which has 'Animals in the lead' as its theme. I really had to think about that one, wait for inspiration to hit me.  And then I saw another May challenge, in a Facebook Group with  'Freedom' as its theme.  Also not one of my most favourite themes. But then it happened...

The proverb 'As free as a bird in the sky' gave me the inspiration I needed and I combined both themes in this work.

Using the reference pictures I made a new composition, enlarging some of the stork images and keeping some other small. This drawing is made with several types of pencil on a watercolour under painting, made up with two shades of blue in the hope to reproduce that very blue sky we had that day.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this drawing and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment