Sunday 30 October 2022

'Les Hautes Fagnes' - a glimpse

 


Last week, during our short stay in The Ardennes, we also visited the 'Hautes Fagnes' which is a very special bit of microclimate in The Ardennes. At about 700 metres high it is a flat and cold region, with raised bogs (see also the link to the Wikipedia page I added above) and early snowfall. As the temperatures were extremely high for the time of the year, we did not have any snow, but the weather for a signposted walk was great.

During our walk we made several pictures, many to be used as reference for my paintings. As I had only a minimal amount of painting materials with me and the conditions in a vacation home are not always good for painting, I chose a relatively simple subject for a watercolour painting.

As expected, there was a struggle with drying times, light conditions and more, but the result is even better than I could hope for. Of course, now I am at home again, I will use more of our pictures for watercolour paintings during the weeks to come.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this watercolour painting and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog

Please contact me if you are interested in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment