Monday 31 October 2022

Parasol mushroom (Macrolepiota procera) - a pencil drawing

 


Last week we (my husband and me) went on several signposted walks during our short vacation in The Ardennes and it is the season for mushrooms, so we made some pictures of the most beautiful ones.

This large Parasol Mushroom stood in a field, close to the path we were on and as it was so tall, my husband made a picture from the side, so the whole stem is visible. The mushrooms that do not grow that tall often cannot be photographed like this without special equipment - which we do not have.

As I had my pencils with me, I used the picture as a reference for a drawing. The large mushroom had to fill most of the paper for my composition. I added the grasses and a few of the fallen leaves to make a small scene out of it. If I had not done that, it would have been a 'portrait' of the mushroom and that was not what I wanted. 

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this drawing and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.

Please contact me if you are interested in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment