Sunday 28 April 2024

Spring fantasy, Herikerberg (Netherlands)

 


A few months ago, at the end of winter or the beginning of spring we were for a very short vacation near the Herikerberg, a beautiful area in the eastern part of The Netherlands. The reference pictures we made show that end of winter mood, grey and brown are the dominant colours. Of course there is beauty in that season, but I wanted to paint springtime.

So I selected one of my pictures and turned that into springtime - or what I hope it will look like in springtime. More green on the forest floor, light green on the branches and a nice blue sky with some clouds.

The picture had a forest edge on the right side of the path, a field of moorland behind the trees on the left side of the path and a line of trees at the horizon. All of this is made more green and fresh than it was a few months ago, I even thought of some yellow flowers on the forest floor.

This was a nice painting to make, I started drawing the path and the trees and did not return to the reference picture after that. The colours of spring and even the shadows of the trees are my own imagination.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this watercolour painting and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.

If you are interested in my original artworks, please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment