Sunday 30 September 2018

Our chestnut tree in autumn - a pencil drawing


The leaves of our chestnut tree are changing to their autumn colours now. 
During the long hot and dry summer there were already some leaves with brown spots, but now they are changing fast. Soon they will be completely brown and fall off.

I made a reference picture on a calm day, not so much wind that the branches and leaves were moving too much for a good picture.
The leaves with all the autumn colours were what I wanted to draw and here is the result.

There is still some green left, yellow, brown and dark brown are also in the same leaves.

I enjoyed drawing this scene, layering and mixing the colours of my pencils until I had the results I wanted.

More information about this drawing (materials and colours used, size, contact information, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment